THE NWC IMPACT TRAVEL: The NWC has reinvented the all-inclusive vacation to include making a difference in the places you visit. Travel, be inspired, make a difference:
|Destination:||Uganda - The FullSoul Experience|
|Trip at-a-glance:||Deliver maternal kits and volunteer at underfunded hospitals in rural Uganda, experience life in Kampala City, explore the route of the River Nile, enjoy big game safaris and more!|
|Arrival date:||Month, DD, YYYY|
|Departure date:||Month, DD, YYYY|
|Cost:||$2,675.00 (All-Inclusive) + flight per person|
|Deposit Info:||$500.00 due 5 days prior to Registration*|
|Minimum group size:||6|
|Maximum Group Size:||14|
|Number of Spots Remaining:|
|Registration deadline:||Month, DD, YYYY at 11:59pm|
Experience Uganda – The Pearl of Africa!
Uganda’s charm lies in an astonishing diversity of wildlife, vegetation, landscapes, and cultures. From Kampala city dwellings to rural farm homes, and lush green rainforests to dry dusty savannas, you will experience the best of it all, immersed in the spirit of the Ugandan people. Known as the most hospitable country in Africa, Ugandans host their visitors with pride. You will enjoy their risk culture, food, sites, music, and dance – everything makes Uganda the true Pearl of Africa.
Experience the real Uganda and make a difference with our featured partner, FullSoul!
Explore daily life in Kamapala – the capital of Uganda, and engulf yourself in remote rural communities. Volunteer in rural, under-funded hospitals, and experience the impact of FullSoul – a maternal health solution protecting mothers, babies and medical practitioners during childbirth. Support local economic development, explore the route of the River Nile by boat, hike the Salt Lake Mine while being engulfed in local culture, and experience African wildlife game reserves. This featured CLOUD connection in collaboration with FullSoul is one you will never forget!
Experience Uganda – The Pearl of Africa!
Simply travelling to Uganda is making a difference. Your Sustainable Travel adventure to Uganda is built from the local level up with the purpose of supporting local hospitals, businesses, employment, and development through an incredible travel & work experience.
All of your accommodations and trips support businesses that are locally owned and operated, family run, and contribute to development initiatives in Uganda. Your food will be Ugandan and sourced through local farmers wherever possible, and your experiences provide much needed employment opportunities for Uganda’s young adults.
Every time a group travels to Uganda, you are providing employment to one of our inspirational in-country FullSoul Team Members, who will provide you with support 24 hours a day, and ensure you have an authentic Ugandan experience.
Along with visiting FullSoul’s partner Hospitals and delivering the FullSoul Medical Kits, you will also have the opportunity to volunteer at one of FullSoul’s partner hospitals; Mukono Health Centre IV, Nakaseke OR Kawolo Hospital. No woman should die of preventable pregnancy-related complications. Maternal health issues are abundant and challenge hospitals and health workers in Uganda. Your support and encouragement toward local hospitals, provides hope to health workers who work day and night in support of women and children in their communities.
- Arrive in Uganda and meet your local FullSoul Ambassadorwho will provide you with 24/7 support for the duration of your adventure.
- Wake up to the sounds of birds atop the greenest hills of the capital city – Kampala.
- Enjoy an exclusive tour of Kampala, on local Ugandan transit.
- Discover local cuisine, and experience music, dance and culture.
- Head for the town of Mukono, and unpack at our local guest house tucked on the side of a mountain, at the Ugandan Christian University.
- Explore sub-rural Uganda with a half day hike through town and the surrounding hills of Mukono. Explore monkeys, birds, and breathtaking scenery and interact with local families along the way.
- Tour the local hospital, speaking with local doctors, midwives and mothers about their birth experiences. Stay and volunteer with health workers into the evening for as long as you would like.
- Depart Mukono on the dusty roads of Uganda to Jinja – the Root of the Nile, in east Uganda.
- Visit a local school and hospital along the way to the Nile River!
- Enjoy an afternoon Nile Cruise on Lake Victoria, and dinner on the patios of Jinja’s King Fisher.
- Drive up the mountain to Kapchora, and overnight at a quaint hotel known as the Crow’s Nest – perched atop the edge of the mountain overlooking Sipi Falls.
- Experience the true hidden gem: Sipi Falls – hike over and under the waterfalls
- Finish off the afternoons at a radio station, and help spread positive health messages amoung the rural Kapchoran people.
Days 6 & 7
- Travel back to home base in Mukono
- Experience another hospital shift (optional)
- Relax at the guest house for the evening
Days 8 & 9
- Start early on our SAFARI tour by Red Chilies!
- Reach the Equator and take advantage of a great Photo Opportunity.
- Arrive at the Kalinzu Forest Reserve to track the chimpanzees.
- Enjoy campfires, dinner and drinks at the Bush Lodge and overnight in traditional Safari tents.
- Start the morning right, with an early morning game drive in the Kasenyi savannah with a great opportunity to spot lions, elephants, warthogs, waterbuck, kob and even the elusive leopard.
- Take the 27km long Crater Explosion drive, evidence of the Albertine rift’s volcanic past. Stunning views of the enormous craters, the Rift Valley Escarpment and the Kazinga Channel, set against the stunning backdrop of the Rwenzori Mountains.
- Finish the Crater drive at the Kazinga Channel, for a 2-hour lunch cruise. From the boat you may see buffalo, elephants, monitor lizards and vast numbers of different bird species as well as numerous hippos and crocodiles in the water.
- Depart for Katwe for a tour of the working salt lake mine. When in season also view the spectacular flocks of flamingoes at the nearby by bird sanctuary lake.
- Return to Kampala through Fort Portal, where you will stop for lunch and visit another great Ugandan city.
- Pack up and say goodbye to new friends and your FullSoul Ambassador as you wave your goodbyes to the beautiful country of Uganda
You can secure your spot on a this trip without paying a deposit for up to 5 days by filling out the trip registration form.
Once your registration form has been submitted your spot is tentatively secured, and a trip planner from The NWC will contact you to discuss flights, final pricing and payment details. You can change your mind at any time within 5 days or registration or prior to paying your deposit. If you would like to speak to a Trip Planner from The NWC prior to registration, fill out the inquiry form below and a Trip Planner will contact you within 24 hours.
Once you have registered, a representative from The NWC will be assigned to you and your group, and is available to help with anything you need.
Need more information?
If you’re not quite ready to register or if you have any lingering questions, fill out the inquiry form below to speak with a representative from The NWC.
-- General Inquiry Form --
Fill out the form below and a member of The NWC team will contact you within 48 hours.
Reminder: The information you submit is protected by a 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption.
If you don't receive a confirmation of your submission within 5 minutes, check your spam folder and add info@TheNWC.com to your safe senders list.