Explore This Impact Travel Experience and Fill Out The Inquiry Form Below
Follow The NWC Community forum through the button below. In order join the forum, ask questions and contribute to the conversation you must register an account with The NWC Community.
Collaborate with our partner English In Mind: Teach English in a classroom setting, provide 1:1 conversational support for test and exam preparation, and support the daily needs of our partner orphanage, SMDT - all while experiencing the hidden gem of the Caribbean, and unseen beauty of Haiti.
Be prepared to forget everything you think you know about Haiti, and get ready to experience the true hidden gem of the Caribbean. Be inspired through your interactions with english students in a fun and interactive environment, and learn about life and challenges in Haiti’s orphanages in the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake. Stay at Haiti Communitere, a disaster-relief landing pad that’s been transformed into a truly sustainable eco-hotel, take part in Communitere’s “Innovation Thinking Workshops”, and experience a taste of The NWC’s Sustainable Travel program with an overnight stay at Rustik treehouse, a sustainable eco-treehouse in the rural mountains surrounding Port-Au-Prince. Take an afternoon hike through the mountains and spend time at a hidden river and waterfall, and support local artisans and entrepreneurs by shopping at some of Haiti’s most innovative and philanthropic grassroots initiatives. We promise - you will leave Haiti inspired and fulfilled, with a lifetime of memories. It must be seen to be believed!
Your CLOUD project to Haiti is built from the grassroots level up, so that every step you take is a positive impact for others. Food is purchased from local vendors and businesses to support local economic growth and employment, and local cooks are provided with employment opportunities to prepare food for you and your group. Your accommodations at Haiti Communitere provides funding for local initiatives and future sustainable tourism development projects, your stay at Rustik Eco-Treehouse supports a family run business in the rural mountains, and you have the opportunity purchase hand-made local products from artisans at Rebuild Globally and the Apparent Project. Your daily English lessons and 1:1 test and exam preparation sessions with English In Mind contribute to the educational success of students at varying levels, which directly increases the probability of employment for English In Mind graduates. While regular classroom lessons are very beneficial for the students, they are always eager to show up early and stay late after class for conversational practice with English speaking CLOUD projects participants to practice and refine their skills. The NWC’s in-country Community Ambassadors are graduates from English In Mind, and every time you travel you are providing employment to our team of graduates. Our unique partnership with SMDT orphanage leaves a lasting impact from every group. The day to day needs can change drastically, and so your work at the orphanage will directly support their most pressing needs at the time of your trip, whether that may be washing clothes, repairing the playground, or providing solar electricity solutions.
- Arrive in Port au Prince and be met at the airport by our in country Community Ambassador team
- Check into and get a tour of Haiti Communitere and choose your favorite room
- Enjoy pizza dinner with your team at Pizza Amour
- Divide into groups and prepare for your first EIM classes in the afternoon
- Teach first EIM classes and meet your students for the week
- Visit SMDT orphanage, learn about the challenges facing orphaned children in Haiti, and assist the volunteer workers based on the specific needs at the time of your visit
- Return to Haiti Comunitere for dinner
- Prepare for 2nd day of classes
- Games, entertainment or relaxing for the night at Haiti Communitere
- Historical tour of Port au Prince
- Second day of classes at EIM
- Return to Haiti Communitere for any necessary prep work for 3rd day of classes
- Special spaghetti dinner and fun at Tizami with a personal DJ!
- Return to Haiti Communitere for the night
- Morning visit with local partners for tour of operations, and an opportunity to support local artisans at the Apparent Project and Rebuild Globally
- Afternoon classes at EIM and a return to SMDT orphanage
- Dinner at Haiti Comunitere
- Spend an incredible evening at Observatoire, a restaurant-lounge that overlooks all Port au Prince
- Particpate in a community based project at Haiti Communitere and prepare for final EIM classes
- Afternoon classes at EIM
- Dinner at Haiti Communitere
- Relaxing in the evening, group reflection, evening entertainment
- Finish community based project at Haiti Communitere
- Attend final classes at EIM and the final volunteer-visit to SMDT orphanage
- Early Dinner at Haiti Communitere
- Travel to Rustik – an eco-friendly bed and breakfast/tree house in the mountains of Haiti, surrounding by breathtaking views and endless mountains.
- Enjoy an evening filled with music, friends and culture and stay at Rustik eco-treehouse for the night
- Wake up in the mountains of Haiti and go for a waterfall eco-tour with local guides
- Have a mountainside lunch with the team in the mountains lodge restaurant
- Head back down to Haiti Communitere, and spend the afternoon relaxing at the pool
- Join EIM students for your fun and exciting goodbye party at Haiti Communitere
- Say your final goodbyes and catch your flight back home
What is Included?
Trip prices include round trip airfare (in most cases – check individual trip details for confirmation); a dedicated in-country Community Ambassador for 24/7 support; all meals, accommodations, in-country transportation, and cultural activities; basic travel and out-of-province health insurance; and all taxes, fees, and service charges.
Your Next Step
Complete the inquiry form for your no obligation, all-inclusive quote or simply inquire for additional information. A member of The NWC team will contact you within 48 hours at a time and communication method that is convenient for you.
Once you have completed your general inquiry form, a member of The NWC team will contact you within 48 hours at a time and communication method that is convenient for you.
What to expect
Travelling to a foreign country can be a bit intimidating. You might wonder things like, what will I be sleeping on? What type of food will I be eating? Do I need to bring any spending money? Is where I am travelling safe? Everyone goes through pre-trip jitters, and this document was created to help you prepare before embarking on your CLOUD project.