Explore This Impact Travel Experience and Fill Out The Inquiry Form Below
Follow The NWC Community forum through the button below. In order join the forum, ask questions and contribute to the conversation you must register an account with The NWC Community.
Work hand in hand with the community of Nuevo Renacer to provide a home for a family that has been determined to be the most in need by the residents of the community, while experiencing life in the REAL Dominican Republic.
Live and work directly with the community of Nuevo Renacer to experience life in its most raw and real form. Be inspired by the grassroots development initiatives, the spirit of the people, and experience the culture as lived by the community itself. Dance to Reggae, merengue and Bachata on every street corner, learn to cook authentic Dominican cuisine. Ride a cable-car to the mountain peak overlooking Puerto Plata, horseback ride into a beachside sunset, and enjoy a day at an unknown ocean-beach on the outskirts of Puerto Plata. Your project experience will be nothing short of remarkable. In less than one week, you and your group will tear down a decrepit house, and work with local contractors and support staff to build a brand new home for a very deserving family. The ribbon-cutting ceremony is an emotional, uplifting experience that will leave you inspired, sending you home with a lifetime of memories.
The NWC worked with Nuevo Renacer in 2013 to convert an existing structure into a guesthouse. This guesthouse will be your home for the duration of your trip, which means that simply travelling to Nuevo Renacer is making a difference. The daily guesthouse rate goes directly to development initiatives in the community. By living and working directly in Nuevo Renacer, you are providing economic development and employment to local farmers, cooks, transportation providers, community support staff, local shop owners and family-run businesses. Every time you travel to the Community of Nuevo Renacer, you provide employment to an in-country Community Ambassador who resides in the community. You and your group will work hand in hand with the community to build a home for a family in need. You will employ a local contractor and support staff who will work with you until the completion of the project, and all materials are sourced local to support local businesses. Dirty and sometimes contaminated water flows through many of the decrepit homes in Nuevo Renacer, which are often void of roofs and are made of tin and sticks, which provides no protection from rain, and leaves families with very little privacy. On the last day of your project, you will hand partner family the keys to a new home that is free of these challenges, leaving a lasting impact for the family and the community.
- Arrive in the community of Nuevo Renacer
- Get settled into the community homestay and meet the community
- Tour the community, learn about the challenges facing families in Nuevo Renacer, and how your decision to travel with The NWC is supporting the community in their quest to solve their challenges
Days 2 - 6
- Work on community development initiatives and projects, based on the needs of the community at the time of your trip
- For those groups who raised over $5,000 to support the community, meet the family who will benefit from the project, and tear down the old house
- Support local contractors and community members while taking part in the building and/or the projects
- Eat authentic Dominican cuisine, cooked by the "famous Maria" every day
- Horseback riding on the beach
- Visit the scenic and historical Fort San Felipe "Malecon" boardwalk
- Put the finishing touches on the community development project
- Spend the afternoon and evening at Blue JackTar beach
- Experience the emotional project ribbon cutting ceremony, and celebrate the development projects with the community of Nuevo Renacer
- Enjoy your last meal in the community
- Depart for the airport
What is Included?
Trip prices include round trip airfare (in most cases – check individual trip details for confirmation); a dedicated in-country Community Ambassador for 24/7 support; all meals, accommodations, in-country transportation, and cultural activities; basic travel and out-of-province health insurance; and all taxes, fees, and service charges.
Your Next Step
Complete the inquiry form for your no obligation, all-inclusive quote or simply inquire for additional information. A member of The NWC team will contact you within 48 hours at a time and communication method that is convenient for you.
Once you have completed your general inquiry form, a member of The NWC team will contact you within 48 hours at a time and communication method that is convenient for you.
What to expect
Travelling to a foreign country can be a bit intimidating. You might wonder things like, what will I be sleeping on? What type of food will I be eating? Do I need to bring any spending money? Is where I am travelling safe? Everyone goes through pre-trip jitters, and this document was created to help you prepare before embarking on your CLOUD project.